The Mableton Author Welcomes You

Welcome and thank you for visiting the Mableton Author blog. You are invited to frequently check in, read postings and add your comments.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Friend and Inspiration

Many years have passed since John H. Briant and I worked together as brothers in the family that goes by the name of New York State Police. Trooper Briant was the epitome of what a law enforcement officer should be and he was an inspiration to me. After a long and outstanding career in the State Police, John's latent artistic talents were allowed to emerge and he began penning the Adirondack Detective series of books depicting Private Investigator (retired NYSP Investigator) Jason Black (the personna of his creator) as a devoted champion of truth, justice and the American way. The Adirondack Detective is a very likeable unassuming, personable hero,trying to enjoy a peaceful retirement in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, but criminals constantly require his attention. Briant has developed a very loyal following of readers who enjoy following Jason Black's adventures.
John Briant is a creative, talented author of books, but he is also an accomplished artist specializing in painting Adirondack landscapes. One of his masterpieces graces one wall of our den.
I consider myself blessed to count Author/Artist John H. Briant as my friend and during our tenure in the New York State Police, he so impressed me that I have included Private Investigator Jason Black (John Briant) in my about to be released book, The Treasure of Valcour Island. The physical description and personality of the Jason Black portrayed in my story is a reflection of John H. Briant.
Thank you John, for your kind comments on my blog. I encourage readers of this blog to take a look at the Adirondack Detective series of books on line and consider becoming a fan of Private Investigator Jason Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment